Tribal and Regional Language 2012 June UGC NET Solved Question Paper II
1. Who is the author of the book “Peoples of India”?
(A) Herbert Reseley
(D) William Johns
2. Who is the Supreme God in ‘Asur’ religion?
3. What is the “Hargari” of Munda?
4. How many tribes were scheduled in 1872?
5. Who are the primitive tribes?
6. Which marriage is most popular in Santhal society?
(A) Kirin Jawai Bapla
(B) Duwaretud Sindur Bapla
(C) Sanga Bapla
(D) Or Etut Bapla
7. What is called “Bride Price” in Sadan?
(A) Panch Pachis (Dali Dam)
(C) Dali Dhiba
(D) Ginig tang
8. For whom the ‘Guru’ word is used?
9. Which is necessary in Sahiya?
(A) Same caste
(B) Same religion
(C) Same gender
(D) Same Heart
Read the following passage minutely and answer question No. 10 to 14:
Most of the people, around 70 percent, lived in villages. Their ways of living characterised the Indian economy. The Indian economy was almost entirely rural. The villages, however, were mostly self-sufficient units, isolated from the outside. All the material needs for the village people were satisfied locally, only a few goods like salt and some luxury goods such as ornaments were brought from outside. Further, all the artisans lived in villages and took care of the necessities of the population other than food. The lack of adequate communications too kept the villages away from outside contact.
10. What will be the correct heading of this passage?
(A) Rural Economy in India
(B) Village Life
(C) Urban Life
(D) Lack of communication
11. Whether Indian economy was rural?
12. Was Indian economy self-sufficient?
(D) Not in old age
13. Why the villagers remained aloof from external contact?
(A) Lack of communications
(B) Lack of adequate communication
(C) Lack of road
(D) Lack of newspapers
14. Who took care of the necessities of the villages?
(D) Poor People
15. What is studied in Linguistics?
(C) Both language and dilect
(D) Grammatical language
16. What is the original form of language?
17. Who was the propounder of Root theory?
(B) Max Muller
18. How will the National Language be developed?
(A) Primary education through the medium of mother tongue.
(B) Primary education through English medium.
(C) Primary education through Hindi and English medium.
(D) With the enforcement of stringent laws.
19. What is the most important character of Devnagari script?
(A) Beauty of script
(B) Mechanical facility
(C) Symmetry of sound and script
(D) Symmetry in writing
20. T, Th, D, Dh, N are the sounds of the group
21. Which is not the example of contraction of meaning?
22. What is the correct order of Hindi sentences?
(A) Subject, object, verb
(B) Object, subject, verb
(C) Verb, object, subject
(D) Subject, verb, object
23. What is meant by Mahabharata in semantics?
(A) War between two countries
(B) Religious book
(D) Domestic conflict
24. Which group is the most matching?
(a) Phonetic Script (i) Devnagri
(b) Syllabic Script (ii) Roman
(c) Alphabetic Script (iii) Chainese
(d) Pictography Script (iv) Devnagri Roman &Arabic
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
(B) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(C) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(D) (iii) (iv) (i) (ii)
25. What is the main subject of Yajurveda?
(A) Tantra-Mantra, Jadu-Tona
(D) Devta’s Mantra
26. What is Pancham Veda?
(A) Four Veda
(C) 18 Puranas
27. Who is the author of “Prithviraj Raso”?
(B) Prithviraj Chauhan
(C) Mallik Mohammad Jayasi
28. What is ‘Dhruvaswamini’, written by Prasad?
29. What is the period of ‘Ritikala’?
(A) 1050 – 1375
(B) 1900 – 2000
(C) 1700 – 1900
(D) 1375 – 1700
30. Which is the oldest ‘Upnishada’?
(A) Ishavasya Upnishada
(D) Brihadaranayaka Upnishada
31. What kind of devotion belongs to Kabirdas?
(C) Sagun Bhakti
(D) Krishna Bhakti
32. What is ‘Kamayani’?
(B) Lyric drama
33. “Poetry is the best word in the best order”, - Whose definition of poetry is this?
(A) William Shakespeare
(B) John Milton
34. Which grouping of the assertion and reason is the most appropriate in the following?
Assertion (A): Beauty is truth, truth is beauty that is all we know on earth and all we need to know.
Reason (R): Because truth is temporary and glow less.
(A) (A) is correct (R) is not correct.
(B) (A) is not correct (R) is correct.
(C) (A) and (R) both are correct.
(D) (A) and (R) both are not correct.
35. What is the ‘Sthayibhav’ of ‘Adbhut Rasa’?
36. Who is the writer of ‘Natya Shastra’?
(A) Muni Visvamitra
(B) Acharya Bharat Muni
(C) Vashishta Muni
(D) Parashra Muni
37. “Ko tum? haun ghanshayam ham
To barso kit jay ?
Nahi manmohan haun Priye
Phir kyon pakrat panya?
Which Alankar is in it?
38. How many ‘Matras’ are in ‘Doha’?
(A) Ist and IIIrd part – 13 –11
(B) Ist and IIIrd part – 11 – 13
(C) Ist to IVth part – 13 – 13
(D) Ist and IVth part – 11 – 11
39. What is the relation between ‘Prastut’ and ‘Aprastut’ in ‘Deepak Alankar’?
(A) Same ‘Dharma’
(B) Opposite Dharma
(C) Unequal Dharma
(D) Contradictory Dharma
40. What is the meaning of ‘Paper tiger’ in Shada Shakti?
41. To which category the ‘Jitiya Praba Katha’ belong?
42. ‘Kamkaroanga Laga Kar. Dagarchalo Sanga Laga Kar What is this?
43. To which community the ‘Sosobonga’ legend belongs?
(A) To Oraon
(B) To Sadan
(C) To Munda
(D) To Asura
44. To which category the ‘Mardani Jhumar’ belongs?
(A) Female dominated
(B) Male – Female dominated
(C) War dance
(D) Male dominated
45. Which method was used in the folk life at the time of snake bite?
(B) Herbal medicine
(D) Cut off the part of body
46. To whom the Princess of folk tale ‘Aam Koyal and Rajkumari’ is married?
47. What is the main purpose of folk song?
(A) Relief from pain
(B) Increase happiness
(D) Folk Consciousness
48. In which occasion the cattles are worshiped in Jharkhand?
(B) Gobardhan Puja
(C) Durga Puja
49. Which is utilised in the test of mental ability in the folk-life?
(A) Folk dance
(C) Folk drama
50. Under which category the cosmology folktales are classified?
(B) General story
(D) Fairy tales