Tribal and Regional Language 2012 December UGC NET Solved Question Paper II
1. Who is the author of the book ‘Descriptive Ethnology of Bengal’?
(B) Karnal Sherwal
2. What is sacrified to ‘Singboga’ in the religion of Asurs?
(A) Black goat
(B) Black cock
(C) Red cock
(D) White goat
3. What is called ‘Yuvagriha’ of Oraon?
4. How many tribes were scheduled in 1956?
5. Who is not primitive tribe following?
(A) Mal paharia
6. Which marriage is called actual marriage in Kharia tribe?
7. What is the most popular meaning of ‘Sadan’ word?
(A) Dan Karnewala
(B) Sadom (Ghora) Me Charhkar Anewala
(C) Sadan (Ghar) Banakar Rahnewala
(D) Sada se rahnewala
8. What is called head man’s helper of Ho tribe?
9. What is happened in ‘Madait’?
(A) Sath Bhoj Khatehāin
(B) Sathnachte gate hāim
(D) Sath Kamate Khatehāin
Read the following passage with attention and answer question numbers 10 to 14 :
‘Once a poor man was put in prison although he had not committed any crime. After a long time, the Raja of the State visited the prison and the man told him that he was innocent and a false case had been registered against him by his enemies. The King found out that this was true and he gave the man a sum of money and set him free. The man went straight to the market in which there was a shop where bulbuls and other wild birds were kept in cages for sale. He said to the shopkeeper, ‘I wish to buy all the caged wild birds you have.’ To this, the shopkeeper replied, why? Are you going to start a zoo?’ The man answered, ‘No, the birds have been unjustly prisoned. I am going to set them free.’ And he did so.
10. What will be the correct heading of passage?
(B) Love of freedom
11. What was the punishment?
(C) Death sentence
12. What was the reward?
(B) Release from jail
(C) Release from jail with some money
13. How did the poor man utilised that money?
(A) Purchased bulbul and other birds
(B) Donated that money
(C) Deposited in Bank
(D) Gave to his wife
14. Why did he purchased the birds?
(A) To keep in museum
(B) To decorate his house
(C) To liberate them
(D) It was his hobby
15. Which statement is correct?
(A) Linguistics is the study of grammatical language.
(B) Linguistics is the grammar of grammar.
(C) Linguistics is the study of standard language.
(D) Linguistics is the history of languages.
16. What is the subject of linguistics?
(B) Physical Sound
(C) Organ of auditory and organ of speech.
(D) Sound, Form, Sentence and meaning.
17. Which is called Echoic Theory is Bowwow Theory?
(A) Prof. Max Muller
(B) Prof. Reman
(C) Prof. Benfey
18. When the mother tongue is extinct?
(A) When the mother tongue is not used in Primary Education.
(B) When the parents do not speak mother tongue.
(C) When mother tongue is not spoken by himself.
(D) When mother tongue is not given importance.
19. Which is the group of ‘Japanese Script’?
(A) Ideography Script
(B) Phonetic Script
(C) Syllabic Script
(D) Pictography Script
20. P. Ph. B, Bh, M are the sounds of the group
21. What is the main element of sentences?
(A) Akanksha, Samipata
(B) Yogyata, Sarthakata, Anvay
(C) Samipata, Yogyata, Akanksha, Anwiti, Sarthakata
22. Which classification is correct in the view of Linguistics?
(A) Inflectional and Incorporative
(B) Inflectional and Agglutinating
(C) Agglutinative and Isolating
(D) Morphological and Genealogical
23. Whose, example is this ‘AsanKoalangkritkijiye”?
(A) Discipline and politeness
(D) Shifting of exphasis
24. Which group is most matching?
List – I List – II
a. Aryan Language Family i. Kurux
b. Dravidian Language family ii. Mundari
c. Austric Language family iii. Tibbati
d. Chinese Language family iv. Nagpuri
a b c d
(A) ii iii iv i
(B) iv i ii iii
(C) iii iv i ii
(D) iv ii iii i
25. What is the subject of ‘Atharvaveda’?
(A) Tantra mantra, Tadan, Maran
(D) Devta-s Mantra
26. How many ‘Parva’ in Mahabharata?
(A) 7 Kand
(B) 10 Adhyay
(C) 12 Khand
(D) 18 Parva
27. To which period poet ‘Ghanananda’ belongs?
(A) Virgatha Kal / Adi Kal
(B) Riti Kal / Sringar Kal
(C) Bhakti Kal
(D) Adhunik Kal
28. Which magazine was published in Hindi by Mahavir Prasad Dwivedi?
29. ‘Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings,” who stated this?
(D) T.S. Eliot
30. Which is the correct historical order of Literature books listed below?
(A) Parmal Raso, Sujan Raskhan, Bihari Satsai, Madhusala
(B) Sujan Raskhan, Parmal Raso, Madhusala, Bihari Satsai
(C) Bihari Satsai, Parmal Raso, Madhusala, Sujan Raskhan
(D) Madhusala, Sujan Raskhan, Parmal Raso, Bihari Satsai
31. What is the main difference between story and novel?
32. Who is not the example of ‘Dhiroddhata’ character?
(B) Muhammad Ghori
(C) Raja RatnaSen
33. Which ‘Ras’ is in this? “Yashoda hari palne Jhulawe Halrawe, dularawe, malhawe, joi soi kachu gawe’
(C) Karun ras
34. Which grouping of assertion and reason is most appropriate in the following?
Assertion (A): Poetry is twice removed from the reality.
Reason (R): Because poetry is not imitation.
(A) (A) is correct (R) is not correct.
(B) (A) is not correct (R) is correct.
(C) (A) and (R) are not correct.
(D) (A) and (R) are correct.
35. Whose statement is this “Eko rasa Karuno Eva”?
(A) Abhinab Gupta
36. Who is the author of ‘Sahitya Darpan’?
37. “Unche Ghar Mandar Ke Andar Rahanbari Unche ghor mandar ke andar rahati hai.” Which alankar has in this statement?
38. How many ‘Matra’ has in ‘Kundalia Chhand’?
(A) 12 – 12
(B) 16 – 16
(C) 22 – 22
(D) 24 – 24
39. What ‘rasa’ is in – “Tu dayalo din hau, tu dani hau bhikhari, Hou prasidha patki, tu pap punj hari.”
(A) Bhakti ras
(B) Karun ras
40. What is Bhavanubhuti and Rasanubhuti?
(B) Orely and Consant
(D) None of them
41. ‘Karam Folk Tales’ belongs to the group of
(A) Parable (Nitikatha)
(B) Fable (Dant Katha)
(C) Legend (Historical tabs)
(D) Myth (Dharm Katha)
42. What is not in ‘Prakirna Sahitya’?
(D) Pasupakshi Katha
43. To which category the marriage songs belong?
(A) Ceremonial song
(B) Festival song
(C) Work song
44. What kind is dance of ‘Paika dance’?
(A) Jhumur dance
(B) Angnai dance
(C) Yuddha dance
(D) Chow dance
45. When the riddles are used most oftenly?
(A) At the time of ploughing
(B) At the time of guarding the barn
(C) At the time of cow herding
(D) At the time of marriage ceremony
46. Who utilise ‘work song’ mostly?
47. Which number is repeated again and again in motif of folktales?
48. When ‘Jadur’ is sung?
49. In which form Giant is not mentioned in the folk tale?
(C) Sahayogi (helper)
(D) Atanki (Terrorist)
50. What was the easy medium for learning in folk life?
(D) Folk Literature